Blueberry Muffins – Fuel Approved
There are few things better than the smell of Blueberry Muffins turning that perfect shade of golden brown we all know and love. When we got our hands on this recipe from our nutritionist, we nearly keeled over in excitement. There is so much good food can do in our lives.
First of all, Just take a look at the ingredient list. Honey, cinnamon, and blueberries oh my! These aren’t your momma’s blueberry muffins, but we’re still making them with just as much love. (Sorry mom, no hard feelings.)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup almond meal/almond flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
By now, your mouth should be watering at the thought of the fresh blueberries alone. There are only 5 steps, and one of them is to eat and enjoy?!? I mean, muffins aren’t the most complicated baked good to prepare, but c’mon there is no way it can get easier.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. PRO TIP: mix the dry then the wet ingredients, then mix together.
- Place ingredients into 8-10 silicone or paper muffin cups in a muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Just keep an eye on it, they will puff up and look adorable.
- Eat them and be merry.
When all is said and done, we really mean be merry. We know it isn’t quite Christmas yet (even though some of you may be decorating already) but good food like this is going to do two things. It will give your body energy, but more importantly it will bring people together. Enjoy these with your friends, family, and maybe even that guy you met on Tinder who turned out to be normal.
These are the most important moments. Because life can be busy and stressful, the people around you are what make the difference. With them, the world is your oyster. Food is your fuel. Go get ‘em tiger!